Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thursday, Sept. 23

There was an earthquake today. Actually, I heard there were 5 in various parts of Chile. The one I felt seemed like 15 seconds of driving in a car across a very bumpy road. In looking out the window you could see that the building was swaying visibly, and the water in the cooler jug was moving about. No one seemed terribly alarmed, which I took as a good sign, especially since they had such a bad earthquake just a few months ago. And then it was over and that was that.

We visited the Chile version of Wal*Mart today, called Lider. The brands were different, but it very much had the feel and look of Wal*Mart in the US. Except for the guy playing the electric keyboard and singing. I haven't seen (or heard) that at Wal*Mart before. After checking out the Wrangler Hero product display I purchased a box of tissues (first days of Spring here, you know), then we had lunch at a Mexican restaurant (well, not really our kind of Mexican) before returning to the office.

I don't have much in the way of pictures to offer, but I'll share the few I do. Check back after the weekend, because that should offer some new adventures.

The VF Jeanswear Offices and Distribution Center

A really fabulous shopping mall called Mall Alto Las Condes. You could fit 8-10 Four Seasons Malls into this thing with room to spare.

Men's Jeans Department at Falabella, the largest Department Store in Chile.