Sunday, October 17, 2010

Friday, October 15

Four days in Sao Paulo was enough for me. It is such a big city, nearly the size of Mexico City with 20 million in the Metro area. And it is miles and miles of buildings. While I enjoyed working with the people there, I did not like the city. Too much of everything, except open space. The week was productive, though the Portugese/Spanish/English conversations became comical at times. The weekend weather was forecast to be rainy, and I could not find a convenient way to go an excursion from Sao Paulo, so I changed my travel plans and flew to Buenos Aires Friday night instead of Sunday as had been previously planned. Buenos Aires has plenty more adventures to explore, so an extra weekend there seemed like a good call. I arrived at the hotel in Buenos Aires about 1:00AM, and true to its form, the city was bustling with people out and about on the town. These folks keep late hours!